Existing and new Global Share Plan participants are asked to complete a self-certification form in EquatePlus. All participants have received a notification about this procedure, but we received feedback that the steps were not straight forward. Therefore, we have now improved this process and would kindly like to remind you to take the opportunity to fill out the required form.
What is the self-certification form?
This self-certification form aims to determine in which country you are a tax resident. It determines whether a potential tax residency exists in other jurisdictions than Switzerland, with which the tax authorities of your employer’s country have bilateral agreements relating to the automatic exchange of information in tax matters. In other words, we need to define if you are living in a country outside Switzerland, and check whether this country has agreements with Switzerland to exchange tax information.
We have conducted this form because due to legally binding changes, Equatex AG Switzerland is now obliged by the tax authorities to conduct certain due diligence checks. So, to be able to assess your tax residency, we kindly ask all GSP participants to complete a self-certification form in EquatePlus.
How can you fill out the form?
- Please login toEquatePlus.
- Find the task to complete in the task bar on the homepage
- Click on ‘AEoI form’ to complete this task. AEoI stands for ‘’Automated Exchange of Information’’.
- Complete this AEol form and submit your information.
Please note – You will need to fill out your ‘TIN number’ (Tax Identification Number), in most countries this is your social security number
- New GSP participants:your first-time allocations (from 1January 2017 onwards) will be locked until you have complete the self-certification form in EquatePlus. This means as new GSP participant you will have to complete the form before you can access your plan portfolio.
- Current GSP participants:Existing participants (who signed up before 1-Jan 2017) will still be able to access their plan through EquatePlus. However, filling out the self-certification from is required, and has to be done before end of 2017. Existing participants will receive regular notifications to make sure they complete the process in time.
- The self-certification form can be completed via Equateplus or via the Contact Centre.
- The information provided via the self-certification form can be updated or changed at any point in time. In case you are relocated, please make sure to update the information provided.
Should you require further guidance or clarification on the above, please go to http://www.oecd.org/tax/automatic-exchange/ or contact the EquatePlus Contact Center.